Barwon South West
Western Victoria PHN Opioid Management Team
Information and resources
- West Vic PHN Opioid Management
Information, resources and support
- West Vic News
Web-based information portal supporting primary care clinicians to plan patient care – includes a variety of pathways in opioid management, naloxone, prescription shopping, pain management and alcohol and other drugs.
Clinical support and advice
- Addiction Medicine Specialist (AMS)
Secondary or primary consults, education and support. Accessed through the Clinical Nurse via referral.
- GP Mentor
Phone or face-to-face consults and advice on all opioid management issues. Contact directly or via the Clinical Advisor.
- Clinical Advisor
Clinical advice and support to GPs and pharmacists and delivery of education sessions around opioid use (see details on this page).
- Clinical Nurse
Coordinates the Rural Addiction Medicine and Pharmacotherapy Specialist Service (RAMPS) program.
Mentor support and advice for pharmacists regarding patients on opioids or ORT.
- Community of Practice
Bi-monthly meetings in Geelong to discuss and support opioid prescribing. Open to GPs, pharmacists and allied health practitioners.
Education and training
- Access to opioid pharmacotherapy training including:
- MATOD – run by RACGP for GPs and Nurse Practitioners – Module 1 is online and Module 2 is face-to-face.
- Victorian Pharmacy Pharmacotherapy Training Program – run by PSA. Parts 1 and 2 conducted online or face-to-face.
- Western Vic PHN CPD Education – locally based training and Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- General practice and pharmacy staff education and training including Permits Without Pain, Mental Health at the Front Desk, Mental Health First Aid, and Opioid Clinical Modelling in the GP Practice.
|Pharmacotherapy lead||Gabrielle Watt||03 5564 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Clinical Consultant||Annie Henry||03 5564 email@example.com|
|Addiction Medicine Specialist||Dr. Rodger Brough||Via clinical nurse|
|Clinical Nurse||Amy Collins||03 5564 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|GP Mentor||Mark Davies||03 5222 0875|
0408 593 344