Barwon South West
Western Victoria PHN Pharmacotherapy Team
Information and resources
- West Vic PHN pharmacotherapy webpage
Information, resources and support
- West Vic News
- Health Pathways
. Web-based information portal supporting primary care clinicians to plan patient care – includes a variety of pathways in opioid management, naloxone, prescription shopping, pain management and alcohol and other drugs.
Clinical support and advice
- Addiction Medicine Specialist (AMS)
Offering primary or secondary consults, phone-based advice, continuing professional development and support. Accessed through Western Victoria PHN via referral.
- GP MentorPeer based mentoring via phone or face-to-face consults to support GP’s on all opioid management issues. Contact directly or via the Pharmacotherapy Lead.
- Community of Practice
Bi-monthly meetings in Geelong to discuss and support opioid prescribing. Open to GPs, pharmacists and allied health practitioners.
Education and training
Access to opioid pharmacotherapy training including:
- MATOD – run by the RACGP for GPs, Nurse Practitioners and eligible medical and health practitioners.
- Victorian Pharmacy Pharmacotherapy Training Program run by PSA. Parts 1 and 2 conducted online or face-to-face (face to face sessions are temporarily suspended).
- Western Vic PHN CPD Education
Locally based training and Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Western Victoria PHN (WVPHN) is able to assist general practices who wish to carry out a quality improvement activity addressing opioid stewardship in their practice. For assistance, please contact the Practice Facilitation team by email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Pharmacotherapy Project Officer
|03 5222 0809
|Addiction Medicine Specialist
|Via Pharmacotherapy Lead
|03 5282 1926