Gippsland and Hume
Latrobe Community Health Service
Information and resources
- Gippsland Pharmacotherapy Network
Overview of news, resources and education
- Gippsland HealthPathways
Web-based information portal supporting primary care clinicians to plan patient care – includes a variety of pathways in opioid management, naloxone, prescription shopping, pain management and alcohol and other drugs.
Clinical support and advice
- Rural Addiction Medicine Pharmacotherapy Specialist (RAMPS)
Primarily a tele-health secondary consult service with a dedicated time slot of Friday 11.30am to 12.30pm. Other times available on request. Accessed through the RAMPS nurse via referral.
- GP Mentor
Phone or face-to-face consult and presentations depending on clinical need. Accessed through Pharmacotherapy Coordinator.
Mentor support and advice for pharmacists regarding managing patients on opioids or ORT.
- RAMPS Nurse
Coordinates the RAMPS service.
Education and training
Access to opioid pharmacotherapy training including:
- MATOD – run by RACGP for GPs and Nurse Practitioners – Module 1 is online and Module 2 is face-to-face.
- Victorian Pharmacy Pharmacotherapy Training Program – run by PSA. Parts 1 and 2 conducted online or face-to-face.
- Gippsland Primary Health Network (GPHN) training calendar – locally based Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and training
- General Practice and pharmacy staff education and training, including practice visit/mentoring from GP mentor, practice manager training and online training for practice staff.
|0458 693 094|
0409 588 415
|RAMPS Clinical Nurse||Lynne Jephcott||5136 5235|
0407 533 980
|Pharmacist||Elizabeth Plunkett||As above|
|Addiction Medicine Specialist||Dr. David Jacka|
|Via RAMPS clinical nurse|