North West Melbourne
Information and resources
- cohealth pharmacotherapy network
- Register for quarterly e-news
- Health Pathways Melbourne
Web-based portal with relevant and evidence-based information on the assessment and management of common clinical conditions including referral guidance.
Clinical support and advice
- Addiction Medicine Specialist (AMS)
Out-post clinics offering secondary consultation, specialist assessment, integrated care approaches, phone-based advice and delivery of continuing professional development. Referral by standard letter via AOD Clinical Nurse Consultant.
- GP mentoring
Peer-based mentoring via phone and face-to-face to support GPs manage patients with opioid dependence.
- AOD Clinical Nurse Consultant
Coordinates the AMS service including referrals, GP and pharmacist engagement and support.
- Communities of Practice
Held three times a year. Refer to the North Western Melbourne PHN events page.
Education and training
Access to opioid pharmacotherapy training including:
- MATOD – run by RACGP for GPs and Nurse Practitioners – Module 1 is online and Module 2 is face-to-face.
- Victorian Pharmacy Pharmacotherapy Training Program – run by PSA. Parts 1 and 2 conducted online or face-to-face.
- Other training and events – refer to the North Western Melbourne PHN events page.
|Manager||Andrea Calleja||9448 5511|
0439 436 772
|AOD Clinical Nurse Consultant |
(Monday and Tuesday)
0427 803 138
fax: 7000 1822
|Senior GP Advisor (Wednesdays)||Dr. Fran Bramwell||9448 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|GP Mentor||Dr. Paul MacCartney||9448 email@example.com|
|Addiction Medicine Specialist|
|Dr. Jon Cook||Via Clinical Nursefirstname.lastname@example.org|